1. Which two countries was reached an agreement on Prison Transfer on 23 March 2013?
Ans: US and Afghanistan
2.Which countries finance ministers had approved a new bailout plan for Cyprus,putting an end to uncertainties over the fate of the Mediterranean island country in the euro area ?
3. Which country and South Africa signed a number of agreements, focusing on trade, tourism, education and social cooperation on 27 March 2013 ?
4. On March 2013 South Korean and US troops launched a joint military exercise as ———
Ans: North Korea
5. In the month of March 2013 which country was declared an environmental state of emergency in Amazon jungle region ?
INDIA & WORLD
1.Which country have signed agreement with India to support R&D Projects on 13 March 2013?
2. Which country has signed seven agreements with India on 19 march 2013 ?
3. Which agreement was signed by India and 18 countries on 20 March 2013 ?
Ans: Social Security Agreements (SSAs)
4. In the month of March South Australia rolled out 10-year Plan to Enhance Trade with ———
5. Which country and India agreed to finalise the plan of bilateral exchanges between their armed forces and decided that the exchanges would be conducted between the Armies on 22 March 2013?
6. Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J.Jayalalithaa on 26 March 2013 barred players and officials of which country from featuring in IPL matches slated to be held in Tamil Nadu?
Ans: Sri Lanka
1.Who is the renowned Urdu poet commemorative postage stamp was released by President of India, Pranab Mukherjee on 8 March 2013 ?
Ans: Sahir Ludhianvi
2. Which of the following bill was approved by the Union Cabinet on 19 March 2013 ?
Ans: National Food Security Bill
3. On 21 March 2013 the Supreme Court upheld the death sentence of — in the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case ?
Ans: Yakub Abdul Razzak Memon
4. Which bill was introduced in the Rajyasabha on 23 March 2013?
Ans: National Waterway Bill
5. Which scheme was launched by Ministry of Labour and Employment on 24 March 2013 ?
Ans: Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY)
6. Union government approved a 1500 crore Rupees proposal for production of more than 2000 rockets for the ———
Ans: Pinaka multi- barrel weapons system
7. Actor Sanjay Dutt was sentenced to 5-year prison by the Supreme Court on 21 March 2013 for his involvement in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case. What was his crime?
Ans: Illegal possession of arms
1. Which state Chief Minister has commissioned a biogas plant in the Government Secretariat campus on 23 March 2013 ?
2. Which state government to start recently monthly stipend for old writers and Litterateurs ?
Ans: West Bengal
3. Which state has became the first state to introduce e-GPF or electronic GPF in the month of March 2013 ?
Ans: Arunachal Pradesh
4. In the month of March 2013 the Union Ministry for Commerce, Industries and Textiles accepted Karnataka’s proposal to extend Chennai-Bangalore industrial corridor upto —
5. Recently ,which state government has unveiled the state Governments Aerospace policy , the first such policy statement in the country ?
6. What is the latest head-count of rhinos in Kaziranga National Park (KNP),Assam as per the census conducted in the park from 24 -26 March 2013?
7. Aishwarya oil field is located in which state of India, from where Cairn India commenced commercial oil production and sales on 23 March 2013?
1. The 24th Arab League Summit was held from 21 to 26 March 2013 at —
Ans: Doha (Qatar)
2. What was the name of a summit organized by Google in New Delhi on 21 March 2013?
Ans: Google Big Tent Activate Summit 2013
AWARDS & HONOURS
1. Who is the Indian women selected for US State Dept Award For Environment Awareness on 5 March 2013 ?
Ans: Dr.Shubhalaxmi Vaylure
2. Which Indian film got the 11th Golden City Gate Tourism Media Awards Ceremony held in Berlin?
Ans: Find What You Seek
3. Who is honoured with “International Women of Courage” award by American Government on 08 March 2013?
Ans: (Nirbhaya)Jyothi Singh Panday
4. Who won the Best Actor award for Paan Singh Tomar and Vikram Gokhale for Anumati in 60th National Film Awards for the year 2012 ?
5. Which industries had been awarded by the prestigious ‘International Refiner of the Year’ 2013 ?
Ans: Reliance Industries
6. Which city was declared as the Best Liveable City of India at the First ABP News-IPSOS Best City Survey and Awards 2013 on 6 March 2013?
7. Who was honoured with the first annual Tagore Award for Cultural Harmony?
Ans: Pandit Ravi Shankar
SPORTS & GAMES
1. Who won the ATP Dubai Open Tennis Women’s singles title on 2 March 2013 ?
Ans: Petra Kvitova
2. Who won the Vijay Hazare Trophy on 3 March 2013 ?
3. Who won the All England Open Badminton Championship Men’s Singles Title on 10 March 2013 ?
Ans: Chen Long
4. Who was honoured with Laureus ‘World Sportswoman of the Year ‘ award on 11 March 2013 ?
Ans: Jessica Ennis
5. Which country women’s chess team was won the World Chess Team Championship on 13 March 2013 ?
6. Which place India got in Sultan Azlan Shah hockey Tournment ?
Ans: 5th place
7. Who won the Indian Wells Tennis Tournament Men’s singles title on 18 March 2013 ?
Ans: Rafael Nadal
8. Who won the sixth leg of Hero Women’s Pro Golf Tour 2013 in Panchkula on 21 March 2013 ?
Ans: Neha Tripathi
9. Which country won the Border Gavaskar Trophy 2013 ?
10. Who won the Miami women’s singles title on 30 March 2013 ?
Ans: Serena Williams
1. As per an annual ranking published on 4 March 2013 by business magazine Forbes, Who is the richest Indian?
Ans: Mukesh Ambani
2. Which country has displaced Thailand from the position of top exporter of rice during 2011-12 ?
3. What was Mumbai’s rank in the Global Financial Centres Index (GFCI) released on 26 March 2013?
Ans: 66th rank
4. L&T General Insurance is to be merged with which insurance company, as announced in an agreement on 26 March 2013?
Ans: Future Generali India Insurance
5. India’s largest bank the SBI recently announced plans to open how many branches spread all over the country in the next fiscal year?
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
1. On 1 March 2013 the international group of researchers has discovered the18-kg meteorite recently in ——
Ans: Eastern Antarctica
2. On 7 March 2013Astronomers have for the first time accurately measured the distance to one of the Milky Way’s neighbouring galaxy and it is just ———— light-years away
Ans: 163,000 light-years
3. In which country the world’s largest radio telescope had been inaugurated on 13 March 2013 ?
4. What is the name of the research centre of India recently announced of developing the largest magnet of the world ?
Ans: Bhabha Atomic Research Centre
5. In the month of March 2013 Herschel space observatory Founded 15 New Very Young Stars named as —
6. In the month of March 2013 the first operational squadron of F-35 Joint Strike Fighter jets passed a major milestone with first short take off and vertical landing at a marine base in —
7. On 26 March 2013 the 3rd antisubmarine warfare (ASW) corvette ‘Kiltan’ was launched in —
PERSONS IN NEWS
1. Who was sworn in as chief minister of Tripura for the fourth consecutive time on 6 March 2013 ?
2. Who is the Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas was assumed additional charge as Union Minister of State for Textiles on 5 March 2013 ?
Ans: Panabaka Lakshmi
3. Who is the present Chief of IAEA?
Ans: Yukiya Amano
4. Who took charge as the Chief Vigilance Officer (CVO) in National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) on 5 March 2013 ?
Ans: MRP Rao
5. Who was serving as Governor of Nagaland, has been transferred and appointed as Governor of Kerala on 9 March 2013 ?
Ans: Nikhil Kumar
6. Who was appointed as China’s new Prime minister on 14 March 2013 ?
Ans: Li Keqiang
7. Who is the Eminent Indian journalist had been appointed as the new editor of Time International on 15 March 2013 ?
Ans: Bobby Ghosh
8. Who is the Indian-American politician had been appointed as the vice chair of the Illinois Innovation Council on 18 March 2013 ?
Ans: Raja Krishnamurthy
9. Who is the founder of the Ragamala Music and Dance Theatre in Minneapolis had been nominated by President Barack Obama to the National Council of the Arts for a fiveyear term ?
Ans: Renee Ramaswamy
10) Who was sworn in as the caretaker Prime Minister of Pakistan on 25 March 2013?
Ans: Justice Mir Hazar Khan Khoso
1. Who is the UP minister resigned on 4 March 2013 for his ministry due to accused in the muder of a deputy superintendent of police?
Ans: Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiya
2. Who was the Italian Foreign Minister announced his resignation on 26 March 2013 in protest of his government’s decision to send two Italian marines?
Ans: Giulio Terzi
1. Who is the President of Bangladesh was died on 20 March 2013 ?
Ans: Zillur Rahman
2. Who is the Italian athlet died in Rome on 21 March 2013 ?
Ans: Pietro Mennea
3. Who is the chairman of local organising committee of the 2015 World Cup died in the month of March 2013 ?
Ans: James Strong
1. In which country President Pranab Mukherjee visited from 11 to 13 March 2013 ?
2. Who is the President of World Bank visited India from 11th to 13th March 2013 ?
Ans: Jim Yong Kim
3. Who is the chief guest from India at Mauritius national day ?
Ans: Pranab Mukherjee
1. Who is the former President of Maldives arrested on 5 March 2013?
Ans: Mohamed Nasheed
2. Who is the Indian-origin British author had been named in al-Qaida’s “most wanted list of Islam critics to kill”?
Ans: Salman Rushdie
3. Who is the president of Czech president was dismissed on 5 March 2013 a decision by lawmakers to press high treason charges against him as politically motivated ?
Ans: Vaclav Klaus
PLACES IN NEWS
1. In which country a strong earthquake killed one person and injured 19 others on 27 March 2013 ?
1. What is the full form of ‘ OECD ‘
Ans: Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
2. What is the full form of ‘AAPSO ‘ …………………… ?
Ans: Afro-Asian Peoples’ Solidarity Organization
BOOKS IN NEWS
1. What is the name of the book released by Vice – President of India on 19th March 2013?
Ans: “The First Woman President of India,Reinventing leadership, Smt. Pratibha Devisingh Patil”
1. Which is the committee formed by the information and broad casting ministry to strengthen and expand the role of public broadcaster Prasar Bharathi?
Ans: Sam Pitrodaa Committee
IMPORTANT DAYS & DATES
1. “World Athletics Day” is observed on ———— ?
Ans: May 4
2. Which date is “ World PressFreedom Day “ —— ?
Ans: May 3