Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor Launched In UP
The Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry and Uttar Pradesh Government launched the Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh on 2 March.With the launch of DMIC in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh is poised to go through a transformation in terms of industrialisation and generation of employment.  This is because Uttar Pradesh is the meeting point of the Eastern and the Western Corridors.

Kerala Govt. Launched ‘ Dial a Doctor ‘ Project
Kerala government on 3 March launched a novel scheme ” Dial a doctor” which will enable the public to seek health-related advice over phone round-the-clock from doctors by dialling a toll-free number.Under the programme, a person can dial 1056 and avail the advice of doctors especially regarding first aid, vaccination and health problems.

GVK’s Srinagar Hydel Power Plant Inaugurated
Akhilesh Yadav, Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh on 4 March inaugurated the Srinagar hydroelectric power project of GVK Power & Infrastructure, in Uttarakhand.The project, with 330 MW capacity, has been developed across river Alaknanda in the Tehri Garhwal and Pauri Garhwal districts of Uttarakhand. The company has invested Rs 4,192 crore in the project.Of the total power generated from the project, 88 per cent will go to Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation (UPPCL), as per the Power Purchase Agreement (PPA). The remaining 12 per cent is expected to be allotted to the government of Uttarakhand free of cost.

Arunachal Pradesh Assembly Passed Lokayukta Bill – 2014
The Arunachal Pradesh Assembly on 5 March passed the Lokayukta Bill – 2014 by voice vote after a long discussion, paving the way for constitution of Lokayukta on the lines of the Central Act, with the provision of keeping the Chief Minister, other Ministers, MLAs, heads of Panchayats and Municipalities, Trusts and public servants under the purview of a six-member anti-corruption panel.


Leave a Reply

Free E-mail Job Alerts
Enter your email address:
Don't Forget To "Activate" Subscription Link Sent to Your Email